Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Technology blues

I've been trying to update the Creative Writing Distribution list for the English Department here at PC. The list was a long running success that in the last year or so just stopped working. We looked into it last year and Tech support said that there were duplications and misspellings that were causing the creature to crash. Just this week Marty transferred 'ownership' of the list to me and I took the list apart, emailing each name on the list, removing the names that bounced back, and inviting people to let me know if they wanted to be removed or preferred another email address, etc. Made all those corrections, tested the list again, and bang! Failed. I've emailed the tech people for help.
For people who think that writers just sit around scribbling and dreaming: it may be that that's all we're fit for. No, I don't mean that. But technology -- yecchh!

No comments: