Friday, August 8, 2008

To Blog Anew

It's been 11 months since the last post. I'd started the blog with the idea of featuring Phoenix College's writing classes and events, but several things went wrong: due to money issues, the college cut back on classes and strictly enforced minimum class sizes, so that few of the classes I wanted to take actually occurred; the Microburst Writers' conference here on campus coincided with a diabetes complication, so I didn't get much out of it; and generally, I felt a bit of disappointment with all things PC/writing for the past year.
So on returning to the blog I'm going to focus on writing in general, family in small, and people I know and like, specifically. There are several writers I'd like to talk to and then tell you about. Some friends of mine have a 'live literary magazine' that makes me very happy. And my husband and kids have some news that, while not literary, makes me want to write. And so I will.
Soon.

No comments: