Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Blog Block

Just wondering, as I struggle to decide what topics will be blogworthy: is blog block the same as writer's block? Is white-page panic more or less finger freezing than white-screen panic? I know I will write about grammar peeves, favorite writers, favorite sites, current events, classes I'm taking and will take, writing successes and regrets. But how, when?
The lack of an editor judging my submissions is both liberating and bizarre. Most young people I talk to just treat their blogs as diaries, a concept that, I think, separates the generations in an amazing way. I want to ask them, 'would you leave a paper, handwritten diary laying open in a public place?' I expect this generation to have interesting privacy issues later in life, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they'll be healthier than any generation yet.

No comments: