Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Music Therapy

My husband commented the other day that he is amazed when I get home from work and my mood is always cheery, no matter what may have happened during the day. I told him about music therapy and thought I'd share the information with you, too.
Every since someone helped themselves to my in-dash stereo, I've carried an iPod for the car. When I bought the Nano, I thought I wouldn't enjoy the 'shuffle' mode. Well, I've never said I'm never wrong. I love the shuffle mode. Since I've chosen all the music that's loaded in, I like whatever's playing; if it doesn't match my mood, I hit the little button to bypass that song. I can keep from wallowing in the mood I carried out to my car and reset my brain to a better place. It's hard to stay annoyed at your boss or computer or anything else when Neil Sedaka starts telling you about the angel living next door or Paul Simon croons 'don't cry, baby, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.' It's better than any mood enhancer Walgreens sells.

No comments: